whats the best way to get a california two-spot?

Discussion in 'Sources for Cephalopods and Food' started by Keith, Jun 8, 2008.

1. Keith

Keith Vampyroteuthis Registered

i'm in northern california and im lookin for a california two-spot bimac. would it be better to try and find one online, search at LFSs, or try to go out and catch one? im really hesitant to go through places like craigslist and other individual sellers (got screwed on one of those deals). any help would be much appreciated.

-Keith

2. monty

monty Colossal Squid Staff Member Supporter

We haven't heard any news from Zyan Silver's dad, but at least report, some months ago, he was going to try to continue Zyan's breeding project (Zyan's off at school now). That's probably your best bet. Most sources claiming to have bimacs usually are selling some other species. If that doesn't work, probably getting an appropriate fishing license and catching your own is your best bet, although it'll be very hard to tell which bimac you end up with (which isn't a problem unless you want to raise babies).

3. Keith

sweet. how can i get in contact with them?

4. monty

monty Colossal Squid Staff Member Supporter

I think Zyan's dad's username is "Obi One" or Obi_one or something (at least I remember it's a Star Wars ref, but we've got a few of those.) He rarely logs in and hasn't given us an update for a while, so I'm not sure if sending him a private message would work, but that sounds like a good first step...

5. Keith

thank you monty, i appreciate it.