what type of octopus is this

jsshark1

Blue Ring
Registered
LFS had a octopus this week told me he would give me a good price because three of the legs are missing, they do already show signs of growing back..

told me it was from Indonesia and was called a green metallic.....:bugout:

very friendly and out showing him self on the second day

he has the most longest arms he or she is about the size of a tommato.

Attachments

CaptFish

Colossal Squid
Staff member
My initial guess would be Adopus Aculeatus.

CaptFish

Colossal Squid
Staff member
oh yeah, now i'm pretty sure of it.

Good looking octo.

jsshark1

Blue Ring
Registered
It was a rescue reason of got him since i have other octopus on order. I see a couple of octopus die at this place, and with the arms missing i see the same fate as the others.. but you are right it look sweet to me.

CaptFish

Colossal Squid
Staff member
Even shy 3 tentacles, she's gorgeous..
:grad: Arms,octopus dont have tenticles, they have 8 arms, squid and cuttles have arms and two tenticles. :heee:

me and D joke that they have six arms and two legs.

DWhatley

Cthulhu
Staff member
Not so much a joke though as there is some evidence that the back 2 or 4 arms are used (at least in some species) more for locomotion than for hunting. Missing arms that are cleanly removed (this may be from self detachment as an escape mechanism) are not a health concern. If the arms are regenerating with no signs of infection the animal should live a normal life. However, it does appear this one is adult and the remaining time is likely to be short.

CaptFish

Colossal Squid
Staff member
I would lean towards female, but so many legs are missing I cant tell if I'm looking at the right one. or if it is a male missing his 3rd arm.

CaptFish

Colossal Squid
Staff member
looks like it.

Members online

No members online now.