What Octo do i have???

copper

there's no way im about to drain all that water first of all, and second of all theirs no way im gonna trust a silicon job by me. Thats all i need is 80 gallons of salt water all over my second story. You really dont think their is any other way? i have two crabs, and a shrimp that have been living in their even when the copper was added. Is their any in expensive test invertebrate i could test the tank with first to make sure???

Those blue spots sure look cool! (At first I was concerned that your "spots" may have been rings.) I can't remember what size you stated she was but I do know that out of the Caribbean there are at least 2 dwarf Octopus that are sometimes collected that many suppliers, scientists, etc. (even public aquarium suppliers and biologists) can not identify. You may have one of those.

As for copper there's no way to possibly rid your tank completely. Once copper is added something in the molecular make-up bonds with the glass walls (and everything else) of the aquarium. You can deplete the copper but never fully rid a tank of it. Granted, maybe Octopus can withstand some copper but I don't know how much. If you want a ceph, of any sort, to be best off I'd start with a new tank (or a tank that has never had copper added to it).

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back