• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

What is the cheapest way to keep an octopus?

There are advantages to starting with cuttles but one of them is not cost. Keeping a saltwater aquarium is an expensive hobby and you need to research the on-going costs (special fresh water for filling, water top offs and mixing your saltwater as well as purchasing artificial salt on a regular basis to do water changes, food), in addition to the cost of the initial setup. Hatching cuttles from eggs has been the most successful way of raising them but the food cost is very high for the first couple of months.

my lfs has amphipods at a reasonable price. Is teh the expensive food? and i found a good deal of instant ocean in my garage even though nobody in my household had ever kept an aquarium but me, and I have only kept freshwater. I was looking for a screwdriver and there it was.:roflmao:

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back