• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

What is the best thing to feed dwarf cuttlefish after mysid stage.

OK, Mysid are going to be to small soon for 2 of the 4 dwarf cuttlefish babies. What should I feed them next shore shrimp or ghost shrimp. After that it is crayfish and crabs, correct? Do I feed them Mysid until they switch over. Mine will not eat frozen stuff yet. Picky (Just my luck!) :biggrin2:

Hey Mike. I am feeding my 6 largest cuttles shore shrimp. 3 of those still take mysis as well and are smaller. The last three are still too small for shore shrimp and are still on mysis. Basically my plans are to get some wild caught(emphasis) east coast shrimp at harris teeter. Cut them up into cuttle sized chunks and start weening the big guys on to frozen food this week. I also could not get my cuttles to take any frozen mysis... Even the PE Mysis. They took them one day and then wouldnt touch them after that... I believe they don't like the smell?

I would not feed crayfish unless you can find them tank raised. Even then I don't believe the fatty acid profile is correct because of what they are fed. I think if you can get them onto frozen wild caught east coast shrimp you will be good.

Good luck... Keep us updated.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back