• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

what else do you have in tank with octo, plants, coral, fish

zrider79

Pygmy Octopus
Registered
:roflmao: Hey guys help a ceph lover out, i made a post in tank talk for you octo guys. Your advice is priceless. Looking forward to hearing from some of you guys, getting ready for bimac.

I have a blue liped trigger, a diamond back gobby, a damsel,a spiny-box puffer, and a large pistol shrimp in my tank. This is not the norm though. I hand feed all the fish except the pistol and damsel. And the octo gets 1 large crayfish every week. So I think the reason they all get along is because they are always well fed. But like I said, this is reare.

Although it does occasionally work out, and I mean nothing against anyone wo has used it, fish and cephs are not ususally a good match. However, macroalgae and echinoderms are good tankmates, and some people keep corals with them. Don't be surprised if the octo decides to 'reposition' these creatures. Also make sure the corals do not sting or release toxins.

And :welcome: to TONMO.

I have a mix of corals. as far as other livestock i have a seahare, cucumber, and a sand sifting star. Anything else in there (crabs & snails) if for food.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back