What do your friends think?

Lol, i get the same question alot too!

My friends think its pretty neat though they're not exactly inspired, girls seem to think cuttles are really cute ( those that have seen them anyway) :biggrin2:

You mean it's not? Next thing you're gonna tell me is that a cuddle-fish isn't, well, nevermind.

When I saw the question my first thought was: friends? Then I remembered that I still have a few and they think this whole ceph fascination is a little wierd, especially the Lovecraft stories I've been telling them about. They also think it's funny, in a laughing "at" me sort of way. But that's okay. Maybe I'll get one of them blue ring octo's and encourage them to come over and play with it... :twisted:

That's the spirit! :cthulhu:

My ceph obsession has rubbed-off on others over the years, most notably artists and musicians, although some turned-out to be already extremely interested in the inky ones anyway. Rebecca already liked tentacled beasties before we met - she had cartoon examples to show me, which left me very impressed to say the least. How can anybody not love them?

my interest in cephs is masked by my undying obsession with Nirvana (the band, im not buddist). But my friends do wonder how i can be so obsessed with a suicidal heroin addict, and after that forget about my "separate but equal" love for cephs.
:band:

My friends think it's funny too. Whenever someone sees some ceph item out there, it always manages to come back down to me. You know like, 'My friend Mary found this glass octopus! So she gave it to her roommate, who gave it to her pilates instructor, who gave it to her gardener who gave it to his nephew who gave it to me and now I'm giving it to you!' So I get articles and toys and books... All sorts of cephy things passed down from one person to another!

Treasure each and every one of them. Our house-sitter while we were at Tonmocon remarked later, "It's like the White Rabbit's house, except that instead of everything being shaped like a rabbit, everywhere you look - EVERYwhere - there's something squid or octopus related, or bats, or giant eyeballs!"

Righty said:
What are these friends of which you speak?

From Merriam-Webster OnLine

Main Entry: 1friend
Pronunciation: 'frend
Function: noun
Etymology: Middle English frend, from Old English frEond; akin to Old High German friunt friend, Old English frEon to love, frEo free
1 a : one attached to another by affection or esteem b : ACQUAINTANCE
2 a : one that is not hostile b : one that is of the same nation, party, or group
3 : one that favors or promotes something (as a charity)
4 : a favored companion
5 capitalized : a member of a Christian sect that stresses Inner Light, rejects sacraments and an ordained ministry, and opposes war -- called also Quaker
- friend·less /'fren(d)-l&s/ adjective
- friend·less·ness noun
- be friends with : to have a friendship or friendly relationship with
- make friends with : to establish a friendship or friendly relations with

Officially known as the Society of Friends - hard to imagine they spawned Richard Nixon... but man, I DO love their oatmeal!

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back