What did I buy?

Christopher

Cuttlefish
Registered
I made an impulse buy on divers den and just acclimated him today. No idea what he is but he's pretty cool. Already seen some neat camo tricks.

For now all I've got is the liveaquaria photo. He also seems to have little horn looking things over his eyes.

I really want to know if he is nocturnal. So far both octos I've had have been. Not fun to only watch them under a red light.

Attachments

• conv_305552.jpg
    conv_305552.jpg
    195.7 KB · Views: 125
Sadly the daylight LEDs recently broke on my fixture so I'm limited to blue and red currently. These are the best pics I could get without blinding him with a flash. The first one hes doing his spiny camouflage trick he's so fond of

Attachments

• conv_301042.jpg
    conv_301042.jpg
    214.5 KB · Views: 162
  • conv_301043.jpg
    conv_301043.jpg
    132.4 KB · Views: 172
  • conv_301044.jpg
    conv_301044.jpg
    143.9 KB · Views: 135
  • conv_301045.jpg
    conv_301045.jpg
    144.3 KB · Views: 121
Upvote 0
This little guy is pretty awesome. I can't tell you how many times I've looked over every inch of the tank for him only to later realized he was on a rock right in front of me the whole time.

My first two octos were nocturnal and rather boring. Don't get me wrong they were cool but they'd stay hidden in the rocks 22 hours a day. And when they came out and I fed them they would immediately go back into the rocks. One I got from the liveaquaria stock and the other was from the divers den. They turnd out to be the same species. Of course I paid twice as much for the divers den one.

Anyway it's exciting to have an octopus that is out and about all the time.
Tomorrow I receive my new light fixture so ill finally have some daylight to get some good pics.

Upvote 0

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back