• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

What Ceph for a 29 Gallon Biocube

I'm still working on turning my lonely little live rock structure into a reef of mostly softies and clams. I'm planning on removing the stock lid of the biocube and putting a 24" T-5 with 6 bulbs on it. Then get a custom fit screen mesh to cover the top so when I get my octo it can't excape. Are T-5's too much for an octo? I've heard that there is some speculation that strong lighting can affect cuttles but I'm not sure if it's the same for octopus. Anyone got any input on that?

Hey Animal Mother thanks for all your help. It took me a little bit to understand and figure out their website to find the octopus, and then even longer to figure out that they were selling two separate species. lol I'm not really the best with computers. Can you tell me how these animals do with damsels? Will they get along? Will he/she eat the fish? Or do I need to remove the fish to keep them from eating the octo?

What Ceph for a 29 Gallon Biocube

The following entries were moved from journals to keep the discussion together but not hijack another member's thread

To all who read this, I apologize for messing up that person's thread/journal/thing. I'm new to this and I really appreciate everyone's help. So I finally found (with the help of Animal Mother) someone who sells Abdopus Aculeatus. They have it titled "Indo-Pacific", but from what I've read in other posts the main species that you get titled indo-pacific will be the aculeatus. I believe they are out of stock right now cause they only asked for an email to let you know when they are available again. Which doesn't bother me because that's just more time that I have to refine my tank's water quality and what not. Also I'm still working on setting up the nursery tank. The only thing holding me back with that is I can't find anyone who can drill it. :frown: Right now www.LiveAquaria.com has them priced at $59.99. Does anyone know of someone that sells them for less?

Thank the Gods! I finally got to purchase my octopus. Titled ("Indo-Pacific" octopus; assorted) I'm so anxious to see what I'm actually going to get. I should have it by Tuesday, which is great, because that's my day off. I'm soooo excited.

I just want to say that you might want to get a bigger tank getting cycled. I think a 29 gallon cube might be just a little cramped. If you just want to stay with small species then setting up a 40-50 gallon tank would be perfect. Also i read in your other thread that you purchased one and then they said they didnt have an octo to send that happened to me today also. It sucks because you are all excited then you get an email saying that they dont have one.:banghead:

I was so confused and frustrated when they sent me that email. I hope they are in stock again soon. I plan on getting a larger tank when I move out of the apartment. Much larger than 50 gallons though. I'm talking about several 100's of gallons. Then biocube will be a pretty little sea horse/reef tank. When you get you octo let me know about? I'm curious to see who gets theirs first. lol

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back