What are your favorite decorations for your cuttle tank?

Discussion in 'Cuttlefish Care' started by Col. Cuttlefish, Aug 10, 2017.

1. Col. Cuttlefish

Col. Cuttlefish Pygmy Octopus Registered

I am looking to decorate the tank and prepare it for some cuttlefish. What are your favorite caves, plants, and other decorations that you have used or seen in a tank?

2. KD5054

KD5054 O. bimaculoides Registered

I don't have my cephalopod yet but a few of my top corals that I enjoy include the Spider man Mushroom and the Rainbow Mushroom. I also really enjoy the color and look of my dragon breath algae. Especially in the blue light of my tank's nighttime setting it really has a cool two color fire like look to it.

Col. Cuttlefish and DWhatley like this.
  3. Col. Cuttlefish

Col. Cuttlefish Pygmy Octopus Registered

I just checked them out, love how the rainbow mushroom looks.

Wondering if anyone has a suggestion for blocking the reflection in their tank or if they've had a problem with it. A friend of mine has gotten a cuttlefish and he constantly attacks his reflection, even ignoring food. I explored with my tank and there is definitely a strong reflection. Trying to figure out the best way to block it without blocking my view into the tank. I saw that I could put some plastic material along the bottom and silicone it in but I don't have any experience doing that. I was curious if anyone has dealt with that issue or has a creative solution.