What am I.....???

tImO

Pygmy Octopus
Registered
Hello all.

Glad to finally find a place to talk about and research my new found friend....aka Oscar

I am new to the world of the octopus and saltwater tanks for that matter. Never the less I have dove in head over heels so to speak and am now the owner of a 30 gallon setup with a brand new Octo. I am hoping some of you could help me I.D. his species, and of course help me gain some insight on the upkeep of these, simply stated, awesome creatures. I have done a great deal of research on the requirements of saltwater tanks and their inhabitants, but nothing tops true experience.

I have a good deal of pics and video and hope that this will help.

Thanks in Advance, and I look forward to chatting with you guys.

Attachments

• conv_305312.jpg
    conv_305312.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 100
  • conv_305313.jpg
    conv_305313.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 137
  • conv_305314.jpg
    conv_305314.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 125
  • conv_305315.jpg
    conv_305315.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 168
Welcome Octo friend. You are an A.Aculeatus from Indonesia. You are an adult and a very good healthy looking octopus. I cant tell if your a he or a she because you have all your arms curled up tight.

Upvote 0
:biggrin2:
Thanks Dave, that was super quick.... I am getting more excited by the minute. Hopefully when my gallery pics get approved i can get some more answers.
He/She seems to be acclimated well and a very happy energetic Oct. if you get a chance it would be nice to know if i have a new son or daughter...:P

Upvote 0
I am not sure if it is an A. aculeatus, at first glance, I thought it was a O. hummelincki because the octopus seems more "plump" to me in contrast to your typical aculeatus.

You tank is looking good so far

:thumbsup:

Upvote 0

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back