• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

What about infection in Octopus vulgaris?

monty;111107 said:
No iridophores or leucophores or papillae, either, then, I expect?

Nope!

marla said:
The octopus is about 9 months old..that I think is not so old..also because the lesions starts about 3 months ago.
So what about skin parassite?

I'm sorry Marla but octopus don't live very long. The species we get in NZ live for 2 years and that's a long time! 9 months is getting old for many species and the lesions can be the first signs of the end. Octopus don't seem to get skin parasites much although you can't rule it out . Your octopus could live for some time yet, the lesions don't seem to slow them down much. How is his appetite? At the end of his life he'll probably stop eating altogether.

:sad:

J

I thought of parassite or similar because it's always the same for the other behaviors: it eats and play like months ago..however, i'll control the evolution of the lesion...
thank you all

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back