• TONMOCON VII Announced | MBL at Woods Hole | Apr 6-8, 2018
  • Thanks for visiting! TONMO is the world's greatest online cephalopod enthusiast community, with interactive content going back to May of 2000, and a biennial conference. If you'd like to join in on the fun, become a TONMO member -- it's easy and free. You can follow us on Facebook and Twitter for more cephy goodness.

We're #36 on "100 Best Blogs for Studying the Ocean"

tonmo

Titanites
Staff member
Webmaster

DWhatley

Cthulhu
Staff member
It is an honor to make a list like this but considering TONMO's specialty nature, it is OUTSTANDING!!!! :band:

cephalopodcast

O. bimaculoides
Registered
This is spam. It's a way to get legitimate sites like TONMO to link to sketchy ones trying to boost their SEO ranking for "online education" programs. It's a never-ending battle.

tonmo

Titanites
Staff member
Webmaster
The thought did cross my mind, pretty strongly in fact -- but I concluded that at least right now it seems harmless enough and it does offer a pretty good list, after all. Here was the note:

I just posted an article on my blog entitled “100 Best Blogs for Studying the Ocean” at http://publicpolicydegree.org/100-best-blogs-for-studying-the-ocean/ . Anyway, I am happy to let you know that your site has been included on that list. I figured I’d bring it to your attention in case you thought it interesting enough to drop a quick mention about it on your site.

Either way, thanks for your time!
A pretty soft touch for real spam, I thought. Looking through the site, I can't find anything bad. Yes, they are trying to boost traffic, but people trying to build sites *do* want to do that, so that's necessarily a sign of spam. I don't disagree that it's a bit suspicious. This will be a good test... let's check back on this periodically, and see what comes of it!

Members online

No members online now.