• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

well my tank is setup :)

05Xrunner

Cuttlefish
Registered
I know its nothing like some of the tanks here.
My 20gal and I am using a Penguin Bio-Wheel 350 for it
Got the fine gravel in the bottom almost like a large sand. Easy for it to burrow if it likes. Now I just gotta wait the 2months or so to get it cycled in. Guess that will give me ample time to decorate it all for it.

Hopefully I will have good luck this time again as I did with my last octo.

05Xrunner;84517 said:
I know its nothing like some of the tanks here.
My 20gal and I am using a Penguin Bio-Wheel 350 for it
Got the fine gravel in the bottom almost like a large sand. Easy for it to burrow if it likes. Now I just gotta wait the 2months or so to get it cycled in. Guess that will give me ample time to decorate it all for it.

Hopefully I will have good luck this time again as I did with my last octo.

What are you planning on keeping????? 20G is waaaaay too small for most cephs.

J

It may have survived but it's NOT ideal. The minimum tank size to keep a bimac in heathly conditions is 50G. 20G hasn't enough room for the bimac to grow to its normal size and I would assume that you weren't feeding as much as the octi required otherwise your water chemistry would have been very unstable.......please consider getting a larger tank.

OK I'll get off my soapbox now :biggrin2:

Jean

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back