Well...it had to be on the web...

Picture this

cthulhu77 said:
you should see me goose-stepping. Yikes!!

How in the world did the term goose stepping come about? If those feathered sub sandwiches really goose stepped, ala various armies, they would kick themselves in their chests and fall on their feathered rumps! :lol:

Clem said:
I'm now officially open to suggestions for where I might emigrate to.

May I recommend :kiwiflag: ? No place in the entire country more than 110 miles from the ocean... more recorded species of squid and octo than any other country so far... oh, and today's the first day of spring. :wink:

As long as you like fly fishing, it is the perfect place to be !!! I've always fancied the south coast of Europe...but, have to say, I like it the best here, even now...and it will (and is as we speak) get better !

greg

sorseress said:
How in the world did the term goose stepping come about? If those feathered sub sandwiches really goose stepped, ala various armies, they would kick themselves in their chests and fall on their feathered rumps! :lol:

The military marching style of the "goose step" originated with the Romans, who used it as a way of regulating troop speeds while marching along their paved highways. I believe the measurement was roughly one step = three paving stones. If any other trivia-heads out there have the exact figure of measurement, please let me know!

They wore the Etruscan Tree Octopus coiled under their leather skirting. Okay, actually, they wore shorts. At least the Romans guarding the Northern Frontier against the Picts did.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back