Well I had to give my octo up :(

stits

Blue Ring
Registered
He was just to big for a 50 gallon over two feet from tip to tip. He is now @ an LFS being the store pet. Good thing is he's only 8 months old so he has allot more time to live.

ahhh that's too bad but glad to hear that the octo went to a suitable home.. at least that way lots of people will get to see how cool the octopus is!!!

:smile:

Glad you were able to find a good home for your octopus.

We probably should be recommending bigger tanks for bimacs - maybe 75 gallons, with 50 as a minimum.

If you treat them well, bimacs do seem to thrive!

Nancy

perhaps you got a bimaculatus instead of ...loides??? any ideas?

No it had solid rings.....just got an extra large one I guess. I am thinking of getting some Cuttle fish but only time will tell.

Oh, joy :bonk:. I had to tear down the tank and they kept trying to net him. First time I did this he got in the net and fast as I could lift him out he walked out of the net. Next time I got a face full of water from his funnel and the 3rd try he inked. But the 4th time I was lucky enough to get him into a bucket and rush him over to the LFS.

Re: Well I had to give my octo up :frown:

stits said:
He was just to big for a 50 gallon over two feet from tip to tip. He is now @ an LFS being the store pet. Good thing is he's only 8 months old so he has allot more time to live.

when I get my octo and it grows too big, Im gonna release it to the beach and let it live freely.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back