Well I had to give my octo up :(

stits

Blue Ring
Registered
He was just to big for a 50 gallon over two feet from tip to tip. He is now @ an LFS being the store pet. Good thing is he's only 8 months old so he has allot more time to live.

Colin

TONMO Supporter
Supporter
ahhh that's too bad but glad to hear that the octo went to a suitable home.. at least that way lots of people will get to see how cool the octopus is!!!

:)

Nancy

Titanites
Staff member
Glad you were able to find a good home for your octopus.

We probably should be recommending bigger tanks for bimacs - maybe 75 gallons, with 50 as a minimum.

If you treat them well, bimacs do seem to thrive!

Nancy

stits

Blue Ring
Registered
No it had solid rings.....just got an extra large one I guess. I am thinking of getting some Cuttle fish but only time will tell.

stits

Blue Ring
Registered
Oh, joy :bonk:. I had to tear down the tank and they kept trying to net him. First time I did this he got in the net and fast as I could lift him out he walked out of the net. Next time I got a face full of water from his funnel and the 3rd try he inked. But the 4th time I was lucky enough to get him into a bucket and rush him over to the LFS.

Armstrong

Vampyroteuthis
Registered
Re: Well I had to give my octo up :(

stits said:
He was just to big for a 50 gallon over two feet from tip to tip. He is now @ an LFS being the store pet. Good thing is he's only 8 months old so he has allot more time to live.
when I get my octo and it grows too big, Im gonna release it to the beach and let it live freely.

Jean

Colossal Squid
Supporter
We release ours, course we also catch our own, you have no IDEA of the paperwork involved, specially now that cephs are legally recognised as ............animals!

J

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Keke77

Monty Awards

TONMOCON IV (2011): Terri
TONMOCON V (2013): Jean
TONMOCON VI (2015): Taollan