[Website] Cuttlefish and Squids of the World in Color

Phil

TONMO Supporter
Supporter
Here's link to a nice Japanese website containing images and distribution maps of many cuttlefish and squid. It has an English translation which works, well, most of the time. Definitely worth a look.

Click here.

Jean said:
That's not a bad site, it even has Nototodarus sloanii:shock:

Oh, yes this site is comprehensive... Zen-Ika is a Japanese squid fishing government site. Steve gave me the e-mail of one of their reps two years ago to get some information on the protein count of squid. I wish Babelfish were a little more accurate in the translation of the page though... Maybe I should go learn Japanese after all.

John

Fujisawas Sake said:
Oh, yes this site is comprehensive... Zen-Ika is a Japanese squid fishing government site. Steve gave me the e-mail of one of their reps two years ago to get some information on the protein count of squid. I wish Babelfish were a little more accurate in the translation of the page though... Maybe I should go learn Japanese after all.

John

Yes I've often regretted not taking Japanese in school, but I'm terrible at languages, my French teacher gave up in dispair and I've been known to have trouble with English!

Soooooooo what was the protein count of squid that they got? There is PhD thesis here at otago that looked at protein and lipid etc in
N. sloanii. I'd need to look up the exact numbers but it would be an interesting comparison (asssuming they used a similar methodology!) I wonder if it changes from year to year, sp to sp etc etc

J

Jean said:
Soooooooo what was the protein count of squid that they got? There is PhD thesis here at otago that looked at protein and lipid etc in N. sloanii. I'd need to look up the exact numbers but it would be an interesting comparison (asssuming they used a similar methodology!) I wonder if it changes from year to year, sp to sp etc etc

J

Well, that's the problem... They never replied to my request for the nutritional information packet. Kind of annoying.

Fujisawas Sake said:
Well, that's the problem... They never replied to my request for the nutritional information packet. Kind of annoying.

frustrating......that happened so many time to me when I was doing my Masters, even wee note to say "sorry I haven't time to look out that info right now" would be less frustrating!

j

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back