WC rock crab, grass shrimp, and others

Discussion in 'Sources for Cephalopods and Food' started by OoNickoC, Sep 3, 2008.

1. OoNickoC

OoNickoC Blue Ring Registered

I was browsing fws.gov and noticed that info on the site directly contradicted the words I have heard from a government worker. They said that there have been recent revisions on collecting certain rock and hermit crab, as well as some non native shrimp dwelling in non native caulerpa. Im not sure how recent but I cannot find info, I have emailed our representetive for the western panel but havent heard back yet. Anyone have links of info on the current regs/laws applying to collecting rock crab, hermits, and the other inverts along the CA coast?

2. cuttlegirl

cuttlegirl Colossal Squid Supporter Registered

3. monty

monty Colossal Squid Staff Member Supporter

Done (in its own thread). Let me know if there's a better title. I think you can still edit the text if you want.

4. cuttlegirl

Thanks Monty! I will add a clearer title...

5. OoNickoC

Thank you! That is awesome, Duxbury reef is one of my favorites places to go.

6. cuttlegirl

You do know that these are the species that are allowed to be collected from Duxbury reef, correct? The table is a little confusing.

7. OoNickoC

Yes, I realized that, they throw the " prohibited from collection execpt" thing in....then also have an allowed to collect column. Im going to Bolinas in a week or so. I want to see how long I can keep some of the crabs and shrimp alive. $80 a month on food, it may be worth it to go there once a month, as well as having some fun at the beach.