Wanted to say HI! And, I think I may need Help.

Elizabeth247

Cuttlefish
Registered
Hello everyone. I have been lurking on this forum for a few days now and decided to sign up. From what I have found on the internet thus far, this seems to be the most informative place :mrgreen:.

I think I may be headed for trouble.....an octopus was gifted to me. At first I was excited until.....I really started to think about it. Now I'm really afraid and not sure what to do :confused2:.

Since I have many, many questions I'm sure you all will be seeing a post from me very soon

tonmo

Titanites
Staff member
Webmaster
:welcome:! I'm sure it was heartfelt and based on the gift it would seem your gift-giver is quite thoughtful, generous and awesome... nonetheless, an octopus is never a good gift! :smile: So much responsibility... even for someone with experience, it is a commitment that requires careful consideration.

Use the Search feature and read our many posts and articles. Glad you are here, keep us posted and if you have specific questions, just go ahead and ask in the appropriate Octopus Care forums. Good luck!

cuttlegirl

Colossal Squid
Registered
Can you tell us a bit about your background and your tank set up? Also, would it be possible to return the octopus to the store if you feel you are unable to care for it?

Oh, and welcome, glad you found us.

Elizabeth247

Cuttlefish
Registered
I just posted a thread about the whole ordeal. I think I can care for it, I just need some basic info to start.

I put a post under octopus care. If someone could help get me started.

Last edited:

DWhatley

Certified Ceph Head For Life
Staff member
:cuttlehi: @Elizabeth247 ! All of the sticky (yellow) posts at the top of the octopus care forum will be worth reading but I made a few specific suggestions on your other post that should help you prepare for your immediate situation. To find other adventures with O. mercatoris, use our search feature in Cephalopod Journals with the title mercatoris.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RSG

Monty Awards

TONMOCON IV (2011): Terri
TONMOCON V (2013): Jean
TONMOCON VI (2015): Taollan
TONMOCON VII (2018): ekocak

About the Monty Awards