Wanted to say HI! And, I think I may need Help.

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Elizabeth247, Nov 22, 2015.

1. Elizabeth247

Elizabeth247 Cuttlefish Registered

Hello everyone. I have been lurking on this forum for a few days now and decided to sign up. From what I have found on the internet thus far, this seems to be the most informative place :mrgreen:.

I think I may be headed for trouble.....an octopus was gifted to me. At first I was excited until.....I really started to think about it. Now I'm really afraid and not sure what to do :confused2:.

Since I have many, many questions I'm sure you all will be seeing a post from me very soon

2. tonmo

tonmo Titanites Staff Member Webmaster Moderator

:welcome:! I'm sure it was heartfelt and based on the gift it would seem your gift-giver is quite thoughtful, generous and awesome... nonetheless, an octopus is never a good gift! :smile: So much responsibility... even for someone with experience, it is a commitment that requires careful consideration.

Use the Search feature and read our many posts and articles. Glad you are here, keep us posted and if you have specific questions, just go ahead and ask in the appropriate Octopus Care forums. Good luck!

3. Elizabeth247

Thank you so much for the warm welcome. At first I didn't think it was such a BIG deal but after some research.....hummmm.

4. cuttlegirl

cuttlegirl Colossal Squid Supporter Registered

Can you tell us a bit about your background and your tank set up? Also, would it be possible to return the octopus to the store if you feel you are unable to care for it?

Oh, and welcome, glad you found us.

5. Elizabeth247

I just posted a thread about the whole ordeal. I think I can care for it, I just need some basic info to start.

I put a post under octopus care. If someone could help get me started.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2015
  6. DWhatley

DWhatley Cthulhu Staff Member Moderator

:cuttlehi: @Elizabeth247 ! All of the sticky (yellow) posts at the top of the octopus care forum will be worth reading but I made a few specific suggestions on your other post that should help you prepare for your immediate situation. To find other adventures with O. mercatoris, use our search feature in Cephalopod Journals with the title mercatoris.