• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

want some opinions

wow thanks a lot, right now I decided I am going to do a
200g FOWLR and a nano reef. After these are stable I think I will try a cuttle tank.

Btw anyone else do this with live food? sounds like a good idea.

Can cuttles live through a trip of overnight shipping like that?
I ordered my cuttles from thales and live on the opposite side of the country. They arrived in perfect health and i saw one eat with in the first few minutes upon entering my tank. After a few days they warmed up to the tank and started "begging" when i would come home from work. So to answer the question...yes they can handle the overnight shipping assuming that the person you get them from takes the proper precautionary measures of packing them correctly to ensure their survival while in transit.

Great Craig!

There are two issues that I have seen with 'flood feeding'. Sometimes the cephs seem to get used to the prey items and no longer see them as prey items. :biggrin2: The other issue, the one I think can be more problematic, is that sometimes bandensis will either grab one shrimp, munch on it for a minute and then drop it and grab another one or just eat their way through all of them very quickly. These issues may or may not come to light with every animal, but the possibility should be kept in mind.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back