Wanna name this beast?

Howzabout:

A) The Mary Ellen Carter
B) The Architeuthis
C) The Monkey (Don't ask)
D) The (Insert your wife's name here, Steve)
E) The Dead Sixty-Foot Calamari
F) The Now these names are just getting ridiculous
G) The Mesonychoteuthis
H) The Squid With an Unpronouncable Scientific Name
I) The S. S. Arrrr!
J) The Daywake
K) The Corsair
L) The Freebooter

There... a dozen names. (my fingers/brain hurt).

The Don Estelle?

This has the potential for a good poll if anyone feels inspired.........

Phil,

I cannot accept the burden of winnowing down the suggestions to a manageable, poll-friendly number. Got too many enemies already.

Is Mr. Boat friends with Tugger, Russell Crowe's talking tugboat?

HMS Scylla
Steenstrup's Folly
USS The Sullivans' Squid
USCGSS Nostonmo
Ika-Maru
HMS Mantle (sister ship of the Hood)
Squid, Ho!

:boat:

Clem

..... do you not know who Queen Sheetal is Melissa? Those were the days (as Mary Hopkins used to sing) .... it was dangerous to log on to TONMO then - you never knew what whispy green mists and tutu-clad tane toads would appear.

.... it all started a long, long, very long time ago, when Colin was knee-high to a grasshopper, sitting alone in some bar (or was it Phil?) .... it was so long ago

I don't know of Queen Sheetal, but your description evokes the little girl in the Australian cane toads documentary with her pets, cane toads, all dressed up for tea. My cat is worried that she will be subjected to dress up, like the toads and the cats mentioned in

TONMO Cephalopod Community

I hope no one will post pictures of their octopus in costume!

Melissa

.... actually, I quite like Queen Sheetal as a boat name.

The RV Queen Sheetal

We'll post a poll of the best/more appropriate names soon, but keep up the suggestions for the time being.

Cheers
O

Ps, Phil, I think the RV Don Estelle has both elegance and sophistication too.

playing off someone elses earlier idea, how about 'squid caroline' that way riding in the boat will be twice as likely to make Kat gag.....

WhiteKiboko said:
playing off someone elses earlier idea, how about 'squid caroline' that way riding in the boat will be twice as likely to make Kat gag.....

Yeah! I was also going to suggest something like Crunchy Graneledone, but I thought that would be too obnoxious.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back