• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

Vulgaris

octopuses

Hatchling
Registered
If I were to get a Vulgaris Octopus, what would I need to get. What size tank, etc. how would i raise it and care for it? How long does it live? Will it hurt you? I just want as much info on this as i can get. I see one on a website called the Pet stop. can i trust it?

octopuses;143340 said:
I see one on a website called the Pet stop. can i trust it?

Not even a little. The "vulgaris" shown is a briareus, the blue ring is said to be venomus and gives the scientific name of a non-venomus creature so that anyone looking it up will be very misinformed.

If you think you would like to keep an octopus, do some reading first. In addition to articles on this site, Nancy and Colin have put together a book about keeping cephalpods at home that will help get you started. Keeping an octopus (or a marine aquarium for that matter) is a long journey and not something you can start without planning the route.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back