Vulgaris or Briarus

cephaloholic

O. vulgaris
Registered
I was looking at the pet stop .com and saw under fish they had for sale a blue ring and what they call a vulgaris. To me the picture they have looks more like a Briarius to me. Do you agree?

monty

TONMO Supporter
Staff member
Supporter
cephaloholic;110153 said:
I was looking at the pet stop .com and saw under fish they had for sale a blue ring and what they call a vulgaris. To me the picture they have looks more like a Briarius to me. Do you agree?
Direct link: http://www.thepetstop.com/fish_shop/fish/Octopus.html#Octopus

I think the fact that they list octopus under fish rather than invertebrates is a sign that they are pretty lacking in basic knowledge.

This pic is sort of small, but I agree that it looks like briareus to me, too, from the blue color and the webbing, but it's sort of a weird camera angle and octos often look different out of the water like that.

Animal Mother

Architeuthis
Supporter
I'd say they just put a picture of an octopus to represent octopuses in general, not the specific species they sale, as they probably list every octopus they sell that isn't a blue ring as a vulgaris, not unlike just about every other dealer.

DWhatley

Certified Ceph Head For Life
Staff member
One of my neighbors absolutely insisted she could see my dwarfs during the day. It was, as you mentioned, my serpent star but she was not easil convinced.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
King.God

Monty Awards

TONMOCON IV (2011): Terri
TONMOCON V (2013): Jean
TONMOCON VI (2015): Taollan
TONMOCON VII (2018): ekocak

About the Monty Awards