viking longship

I was given a not too elaborate plastic model of Sovereign of the Seas (1637?) once. Should've been simple to do everything, except maybe the rigging. However, the hull had an unforunate little deformity which I couldn't compensate for (easily enough), and thus the model was fated to suffer a demise not unlike that of the actual ship. :x :sink:

There are some things that I just really suck at. I will try again, someday. Perhaps Neil and I could build one of those nice big American frigates.

I also like building models but not ships, especially the more modern ones, those are killers with all the small parts. The only ship I've ever built is a RMS Titanic but I lost the rudder and those strings tough.but I'm more into the model planes :smile:

LOL...yeah, some of the modern warships are a bit intimidating... built an Adams-class destroyer for a client (he had been an XO on one) and was amazed at the amount of time spent peering through a magnifying glass to put on the etched metal railings...yikes!
Aircraft are fun too...but there is something about ships that I really love...Shanlyn can hardly wait to move into a bigger house, where she hopes to relegate my collection to one room, instead of spread out over the house... :biggrin2:
Did you read the "octopus and the military" thread here on Tonmo? There are some great pics there!
Greg

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back