Varys' babies (O. mercatoris)

Reaction score
We lost Beluga on January 7th, making her just over 10 months old. Quattro is the last survivor of Varys babies and will reach 11 months in about a week (I hope) but is starting to show signs of old age. Still eats and has become a bit more interactive, but his arms just look a bit "frazzled". :fingerscrossed:

Reaction score
I had mentioned Beluga's tendency to sit in the morning sun during the last 3 or 4 weeks prior to brooding in another thread and thought I should include the thought and photo here.

The second photo is a closeup of Quattro showing the enlarged suckers again.

Attachments

DWhatley

Kraken
Staff member
Reaction score
Somehow I missed the AM :sagrin: pictures of Beluga in the sun until just now. What I find notable is how open her eyes are in the light. I have wondered if their strong nocturnal nature has to do with eye sensitivity to light and have been thinking they start to lose sight (or at least sensitivity) as they approach the end but this would be earlier than what I was thinking.

Reaction score
Again, this post is long overdue...

Quatro lived to be about 2 days short of 13 months. This whole journey was quite an experience for a couple of first-timers! Thank you all for the help! I expect we'll try again when the baby is older. :wink:

DWhatley

Kraken
Staff member
Reaction score
I noticed that you have no mantis either (Slither is still doing well). Hopefully you will have something marine soon as your son would miss out not having aquarium critters to see as he grows:shock:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wangji110

Monty Awards

TONMOCON IV (2011): Terri
TONMOCON V (2013): Jean
TONMOCON VI (2015): Taollan