"Vampiroteuthis" on TV

GPO87

Sepia elegans
Staff member
Moderator (Staff)
I was watching an episode of "Sanctuary" on the sci-fi channel, and in said episode they were capturing a giant mutant "vampiroteuthis infernalis". I was mostly impressed that they featured an actual creature rather than the stuff of myths they usually show. (It also worries me a bit, because they make up scientific names for all all these mythical creatures, so any non-ceph enthusist watching probably now thinks the vampire squid is a made up animal).
Unfortunately, the name is about the only thing correct about their portrayal of poor vampy! It's tentacles had hooks... but sometimes suction cups (it switch around a bit). It had no webbing, and had a drab grey coloration. It just kinda looked like a generic "squid thing". I liked that they featured a ceph in the tv show, however wanted more amazing vampy animatics!
Anyways, I found the link for anyone who wants to have a gander. (It's actually not a bad tv show.)
http://tvshack.cc/tv/Sanctuary__US_/season_2/episode_8/

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back