• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

Use of ozone in combination with skimmer

Lov80

O. vulgaris
Registered
Do you see or have experienced that the use of a bit of ozone in combination with the skimmer is harmful for an octopus?
-For my trouteggs and trouthatchlings it was not problematic at all (although I was told that it may be harmful to them).

I have never used ozone in any of my tanks and believe the simplest set ups tend to work the best. What is your reason for wanting to add ozone?

Currently the tank I am working with uses ozone with the skimmer and to be honest I have not had much success. More often then I would like I find the skimmer not to be skimming as well as I would like or not at all and having to disconnect and reconnect it all to get it going.

I think ozone reduces the amt the skimmer needs to remove. I used ozone for a couple of years and the skimmer did not have to work as hard. You just have to carefully monitor it with a controller.

I think ozone reduces the amt the skimmer needs to remove. I used ozone for a couple of years and the skimmer did not have to work as hard. You just have to carefully monitor it with a controller.
Did you use your ozone as a side or attached into your skimmer? The one I have seen/been working with- has it attached so that the ozone runs into the skimmer. This just seems not to work.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back