• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

USA Cuttlefish?

Tarcin

Hatchling
Registered
Ok so I doubt I will be getting a cuttlefish anytime soon, ($$ dead) and I read the article about taking care of a cuttlefish, and it said that it is advised not to own a cuttle fish in America. I know that I want a cuttlefish, well atleast before I die, and I doubt I will move out of America so I was wondering if there was a way to get Cuttlefish eggs or convince that university supplier in Texas ( I live in Texas) to give out cuttlefish eggs (for a price, of course)

Thanks to all who help me!

There are many members that have kept cuttlefish in America. Have you kept salt-water tanks before? You just need to have a properly cycled (and sized) tank and be patient, cuttlefish are occasionally available for purchase to the general public.

Ehh I am not experienced in the art of salt water tanks. I doubt I will get a cuttlefish anytime soon, but I will hang around here to increase my knowledge on celaphods.

It is not that the advise is not to keep a cuttle in the US but that there are none native to our waters so they must be captive bred (preferable) or brought in as eggs or wild caught animals.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back