• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

Update!!! on The Agent's Tank (Tank readings)

Ive been meaning to get this on the web for a few days but I havent gotten around to it. :?

2-2-04
10:09 PM
Copper - 0 ppm

2-2-04
10:21 PM
Phosphate - .15 ppm

2-2-04
10:33 PM
Calcium - 350 ppm

2-2-04
10:41 PM
Alkalinity - 3.4 milli equivalents

2-2-04
10:53 PM
Ammonia - .25 ppm

2-2-04
10:53 PM
Nitrite - .25

2-2-04
11:02 PM
Nitrate - 15 ppm

Anything wrong?

:smile:

Its starting to get there, what stock do you have in the tank just now?

Lets see if we can get the ammonia and nitrite to zero :smile:

That should be enough to mature the tank well, just post the new results later.. I'm off to work now :frown:

Well I know itll be awhile before you get this Colin but the Ammo and Nitrite were still at roughly .25 ppm. :?

Also when I mix the chemicals from the Ammo is makes a thick soup. Is it supposed to? It is the Aquarium Pharmaceuticals Saltwater Master Test kit.

That's the same test kit I have. I noticed that too that sometimes at first it looks soupy but then clears up.

Carol

Octos will get enough calcium just from the salt mixture if you are doing regular water changes, they dont need any extra added in, unless you have them in with huge amounts of corraline algae or hard corals (not recomended)

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back