Update on my baby

Hi Joel, I put a couple of ghost shrimp in the first day I had the baby. I didn't see them get eaten. One of them was still in the tank a day later. I looked for dead bodies but did not find any, so I'm assuming they got ate. The baby doesn't come out much at all, only after all the lights but my monintor(tank is in my office) are off. He sits in his hole in the rock with a leg wrapped around his eye, peeping out. I can see him and he see's me. I put a small, white lego in the tank under his hole and he has moved it into his "shell collection" haven't seen him messing with it, but I think he has claimed it.

Spring

Maybe you could try a small turbo snail so you can check if it has been eaten, but we'll just hope it know how to get to them. Baby clams too since they don't eat the whole thing, see if there are empty shells later.

He's eating good, and quite a variety of things. I offered him ghost shrimp by hand tonight and he took 2 of them. Kind of creepy when his little tentacles touch me, it made me jump! :shock: :goofysca: :lol: I'll get used to it though. :wink:

Spring :smile:

Good to know... sometimes the babies are eating other stuff they are finding in the tank like amhipods etc to start with... they usually come round tho :smile:

Colin, baby has been eating good since the start. Good thing too, as this tank has very few pods in it. The previous residents pretty much wiped them out.

Its not going to be easy, trust me.
:lol: Joel, I know what you mean. It still startles me when my clownfish attacks me. She does this every time I put my hand in the tank.

Does it feel like a snail?
Hard to explain what it felt like, BOE. Maybe like sticking your fingers in half dry paint or varnish. Very "tacky".

Yesterday baby ate 4 baby clams and took 3 ghost shrimp from my fingers. I thought one of them might be too large(nearly an inch long), but he eargerly ate it up. Does this sound like enough food for a small baby?

Spring

Put a starfish on your hand, let it crawl around for a while then pull it off, thats sorta what it feels like. :biggrin2: Anyone with a better explanation?

That sounds like plenty food.. Id maybe only feed that amount every second day.. makes life a bit easier for you filter, especially once little octo becomes big octo :smile:

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back