• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

Update on marcus and victor, the 2 cephs in a 240 gallon

marinerules

Wonderpus
Registered
ive seen where all of a suddenone of my other posts has had lots of threads about me keeping two octopus together.

they are doing fine , thismakes about 1.5 or 2 months , somewhere in that range.

I do eventually , probably within the next month, taking one of them and pu tting it in my 55 gallon tank , though , its really not ready as I need to get a protein skimer first for it.

how long did the people here keep 2 cephs together before it started casuing problems

when they cross paths , they dnot fight or nothing

In one case it was just about a week, but much longer for the other two. Just be careful that one doesn't become more shy or weak than the other. Sounds like you may get them separated in time.

Nancy

2 octos in a tank

A number of years ago, at the Monterey aquarium, there were 2 or 3 o. rubescens in a tank. One of the more amusing octo-watching things I've see was when one of them swam over to a big barnacle shell, reached several arms in, and forcibly ejected another from inside the barnacle. I assumed this showed there was a pecking order, but that they were more social than cannibalistic...

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back