Unknown Phylum. Any suggestions?

Thanks for the compliments, guys. Those drawings were fun to do. If the Tremoctopus ID can ever be established beyond a reasonable doubt, through poking it with a spoon, or sending it emails, the record shall reflect that it was marinebio_guy who called it, way back in Post #5.:cool2:

Cheers,
Clem

Oh well, whatever the beastie is, it makes a very fetching hat for teuthologists.

Attachments

• conv_290626.jpg
    conv_290626.jpg
    16.1 KB · Views: 107
If you stop OB's video find just to the left of half way, I swear you see the "dolphin nose" very clearly.

I still say the one shot looks like the underside of my sea hare but stopping the video really does add to the Tremoctopus argument.

Can Tremoctopus change color? All of the photos seem to show the animal with the same coloration. Maybe the animal wasn't threatened and this is its "relaxed" coloration, but I would expect if it had the ability to change color there would be some variation among the photos. Just wondering...

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back