• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

Uk bandensis

nice to see them all doing well.

Just going back again, those dimensions you gave came out for me at 140 gallons. Is that right? Just curious. Could we get some pics of it all and some stats on it, I'm just interested. What type of skimmer, powerheads/closed loop, LR, etc. Also, you said you got these guys from TMC, what is that?

Again, just interested.
Good luck!

hi mate, yes the dimensions are correct. not sure about the volume but is sounds about right.

the sump is 40" x 18" x 15"

equipment is as follows.

DISPLAY
Aqua Medic twin 150w halide pendant
Resun 1500 wave maker
Tunze 6045
Hydor Koralia 3
Hydor Koralia 4

SUMP
first chamber
micron bag
cheato and calurpa lit 24/7

Second Chamber
OR3500 feeding skimmer

Third chamber
Aqua Medic Blue 3000 ( rated to 375 gal ) fed by OZONIZER

Fourth Chamber
OR3500 return to the tank
Small circulation pump which goes through PO4 reactor with Rowaphos then through UV filter

i have approximately 60-70kg's of live rock i THINK.

re the flow pumps, not sure as to wether i should cover them. i read on here that the koralia's are cuttle safe due to the spread of the intakes. any thoughts?

As for TMC, they are the main supplier for marine animals in the uk. not sure wether they do the states or not but they are massive.

Thanks

Dave

oh pics!!

003-2.jpg

004-2.jpg

006-1.jpg

yeah. obviously the fish will be going :P

do you foresee any problems with the current setup?

and thanks :smile:

Nope, my "problem" is that I didn't know if you were planning on getting rid of the fish, so it's solved :smile: You'll need to mod the intakes on the powerheads with something like foam to keep explorative cuttles from getting there arms chopped off. You'll have to play with it on the koralia's and similar ones because the intakes aren't just a "tube" I personally prefer closed loops for this kind of stuff, but it really doesn't matter...

I don't think Koralia pumps should need any modification. If it's questionable, just use a weaker model. The intake on them is basically just a large cage around the impeller. They are nudibranch safe, so I don't think something stronger and more agile than a nudibranch will have an issue.

L8 2 RISE;132101 said:
Nope, my "problem" is that I didn't know if you were planning on getting rid of the fish, so it's solved :smile: You'll need to mod the intakes on the powerheads with something like foam to keep explorative cuttles from getting there arms chopped off. You'll have to play with it on the koralia's and similar ones because the intakes aren't just a "tube" I personally prefer closed loops for this kind of stuff, but it really doesn't matter...

did my reply sound facecous?

sorry if it did as it wasnt meant to sound that way.

anyway cuttles are growing day by day, one is a bit of a beast and has just taken down a large gammarus. all are becoming very efficient :smile:

No not at all, sorry if it seemed I took it that way, no, I put "problem" in quotes just because it wasn't really a problem, just advice or something, I don't know... I'm really enjoying this thread, I look forward to seeing them in the big tank :smile: you may have mentioned it, but do you hope to breed them? It would be great if you could and start up a supply of them in the UK, I haven't even seen WC ones there yet...

haha thats something i hate about the internet :smile:

I would like to breed them but ideally i would like to cross breed the babies with about 4 or 5 different people. seems from what ive read that after a few generations there becomes problems.

Mikey had some brilliant success when he kept cuttles but he has none at the minute.

Anyway thanks for the kind words :smile: im really enjoying keeping these little guys. I too cant wait to release them, if all 10 reach adult hood not sure how that will go but there is plenty of hidy holes for them. just depends how territorial they are i suppose. could move a few on however.

all my cuttles are alive and doing well. All are feeding with no problems whatsoever.

id say biggest is about half an inch. so far so good.

will get some more pics soon with my new nikon d60

hey, nice to see another UK keeper... try setting the F number on the camera to about 11 - 16 to get the whole cuttle in focus :smile:

cheers
Colin

Colin;133794 said:
hey, nice to see another UK keeper... try setting the F number on the camera to about 11 - 16 to get the whole cuttle in focus :smile:

cheers
Colin

yeah, what it is on my sigma lens you can amend the apeture on the lens itself however, you have to actually amend it on the camera. only just figured that out :frown:

how many do you have and how old are they mate?

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back