Turtle eats cuttlefish

I didn't know that turtles eat cuttlefish.

My wife today saw a young turtle staying in roughly the same spot (but moving quite vigorously) for about half an hour and became worried that it might have been tangled in a plastic bag. She swam out and found that the turtle was feeding on a mature cuttlefish, about the same size as itself. I was off snorkelling in a different bay with the camera, so we don't have photos. Here's one of the local turtles though:

Funny you should see that today. Just yesterday I saw a short (I can't remember why) of an octopus catching and eating a new hatch turtle. When I did a quick check to reference the video I saw quite a number of clips with turtle eating octopus in the description. Somehow, you just don't think about turtles eating cuttles though. Sad that you did not get a video.

Speaking of cuttlefish, what is Ramses status?

Sadly, Ramses has left us. With no signs of distress, one morning he was floating limply just off the bottom with some last faint flickers of colour. He’s buried in the garden with a small ammonite as a marker. It took about three days for Brutus the boxer to regain sufficient confidence to venture out into the front of the tank and he is once again lord of his realm. We are thankful we have all the photos and videos made of young Ramses while he was with us. It was a wonderful experience.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back