Turning the tables on giant, predatory squid

CaptFish

Colossal Squid
Staff member
Moderator (Staff)
Turning the tables on giant, predatory squid
Monterey County Herald - Mike Hale

20091111__c1.squid.1111~1_VIEWER.jpg
A 40-pound Humboldt squid is shown next to an ordinary market squid (weighing a few ounces). This squid ended up as sea monster Bolognese at ...

more...

I loved this:
A lot of seafood is just a means of conveyance for tartar sauce."
but I HAD to quote the Mexican Squid fisherman's recipe for those who did not read the full article:

The following recipe, found online, was handed down by an old Mexican squid fisherman.

1) First, clean the squid, by cutting a single slit from head to tail. Remove all guts and the long spine bone.

2) Cut the head off the squid and save the tentacles for bait.

3) When finished cleaning, you should have a single, large sheet of inch-thick calamari steak. Take this large sheet of meat and lay it on the nearest roadway. Get in your truck and repeatedly drive back and forth over the squid. Repeat as necessary.

4) Pick squid up off roadway and throw into the trash.

5) Remove tire from truck and eat it. It will be softer than the squid, but will taste just like it.

6) Add salt and pepper to taste. Serves 8.

Squid have a spine bone???

I thought they were invetebrates! What the hell have I been teaching my impressionable 11-year-old and 7-year-old daughters?!?!?

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back