[Cuttlefish Eggs]: Trying yet again at Daisy Hill

Thales

Colossal Squid
Staff member
Reaction score
I haven't tried frozen foods yet, as they aren't even an inch. Usually I wait till they are on bait shrimp to move to frozen because small frozen food, the right size, is hard to come by.

These guys will be moving to an 18 gallon high soon because I am getting more eggs this week. I plan to raise them for a month or so and then sell them.

Thales

Colossal Squid
Staff member
Reaction score
I got a shipment of eggs, so I moved these guys to a different tank and fed them live shore shrimp for a few days. Then I was feeding their neighbors the bangaiis PE mysids and decided to throw a few in with the cuttles. Bang! They ate them. :biggrin2: I got just about all of them to take them, but I did have to blow some around with a baster to get them to strike. Yay!

Thales

Colossal Squid
Staff member
Reaction score
I have about 70 eggs right now. The plan will be to either sell the 14 I have when the eggs hatch, or raise the eggs for a month or so and then sell them.

Reaction score
What size tank do you need for the little buggers?I was thinking about getting one(or two) for my wife.She likes the octos but I think she would enjoy cuttles alittle more.

Thales

Colossal Squid
Staff member
Reaction score
Got them all to take frozen shrimp by using an old school feeding stick - rigid airline tubing with a stiff fishing line.

Some of the eggs have started to hatch. :biggrin2:

A couple more striking pics.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zeppelin

Monty Awards

TONMOCON IV (2011): Terri