Truth or Urban Legend?

Neogonodactylus said:
I remain a complete sceptic regarding these stories. I have certainly had my share of escapes, but usually we find the wayword beast dried up in a corner covered with dust bunnies.

One thing that you have to ask yourself about these stories - and no I do not trust grad students - is where is the evidence. Give an octopus a reasonably large crayfish or crab and it will not eat it all, There will be some husk of an exoskeleton left. Yet these mystified biologists can't find the evidence. The crustaceans are missing, but where is the exoskeleton? It isn't in the octopus's tank. It isn't in the crustacean tank. I guess the grad students, aka sneaky octopus, buried it iin the back yard or put it down the garbage disposal.

Roy

Roy,

The skeletons were found .....in the crayfish tank! It was just assumed that the octopus wouldn't do that and return to it's tank, so it was assumed the students were placing the remains back in the cray tank! BUT the curator came in early and caught the octi in the act as it were! You can be sure if we see signs of this happening again we'll set up the time lapse video and get some evidence!

The octopus tank is now sealed tho' and much harder to escape from!!

Cheers

Jean

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back