Truffles it is...

Ochi likes the dark too. He plays almost all night. Thought it was just him, or the time change since I live on the east coast, and he came from the west. But with what you are saying I guess not.
Glad to hear Mr. T is eating!!!!

When Ochi first came to me and he came out only at night I would play with him, as long as I could, and he is now starting to change some of his schedule. Maybe it will work that way for you too. But I agree I thought they were diurnal. :shock: :biggrin2:

I have a wonderful resource now - very detailed notes on Ollie, from day to day. So, I'm able to report that when Ollie was newly arrived, she had periods where she was active all night, but she did come around to being day active. So I think this is normal and must be just because they're so young and in a new environment.

Nancy

Nancy thanks so much. wow i love this site!!

I want to start a thread on their colors, and the emotions behind them. I know their are general thoughts, but there seems to be more to it. Did you explore that with Ollie??

Maybe they tend to come out at night when they're young so that they can avoid some predators? I guess the larger ones can defend themselves, hence the change?

I am actually going to put a smaller bulb on my tank. Shut lights off early yesterday, with a lamp shinning in and he went crazy playing around. He kept jet swimming over to me and grabbing the glass in front of my face, and following my finger all around. Was not interested in anything else yet. IE. legos, stick, magnet, etc. Just my face and hands. We had fun! :P

I get my babies used to me drumming my fingers lightly on the tank! So far, Hermin, Ink, now Lil Pumpking and I'm working on Inklet, they come out when ever I drummed!!!

I kind of do the same thing with my hands, and a light tap, and wave where the food is once I have his attention, which is almost always LOL. Hard to be sneaky with an octo in the house.

No pics worth showing. Although I did get Truffles to eat out of my hand lastnight. He took a couple little crabs from my fingers but would't come out far enough for a pic. My girlfriend was trying to shoot a pic while I fed, but Truffles was too quick,...or maybe it's that digital cameras are too slow. :wink:

Glad to hear he is warming up!! Ate out of your hand. WOW 8) is that the first time for him?

I agree digi can be slow on certain settings. :bugout: Have missed a lot of good pics because of that and shuter speed - I moved to quick (blurry)

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back