Trouble keeping glass clean...

does anyone have the problem of keeping dogs off the glass? i am a very neat person and i find myself cleaning the glass 4 times a day! they seem to have a good relationship, even with my fiddler's. i don't know who's more amused with my octo, my dog or me!

Attachments

• conv_303017.jpg
    conv_303017.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 88
  • conv_303018.jpg
    conv_303018.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 73
  • conv_303019.jpg
    conv_303019.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 58
:lol: Definite LOL! I have a problem with my dog but not as cute as your situation. I have to keep my open sump/fuge blocked because my Newfy will drink the water (and throw it back up on the floor) and then there is the slobber issue with Newfies in general ...

The Dane, however, ignores the tanks :wink:

My English Cocker used to love the tanks at the aquarium! he could sit for hours (if we let him, strictly speaking he wasn't supposed to be in there at all, but I used to take him when I was doing early morning tank checks)

To clean the slobber off the tank,we used windolene (but these are sealed tanks )you would need to be really careful not to get any in the water. I'd recommend putting some on a cloth and then wiping the glass rather that spraying it directly onto the glass, a weak solution of vinegar in water works well too.

Love your Pointer...........go gundogs!!!!

D the idea of Newf slobber in a sump............:shock: we used to show our dogs and occasionally one would get newfed on the back....usually just before going in the ring :roll: that stuff is sooo sticky!!!!

J

I COULD LET HIM SIT THERE FOR DAYZ AND HE WOULD BE TICKLED PINK, BUT HE DOES NOT PUSH TO HARD ON GLASS AND THE OCTOPUS ENJOYS THE COMPANY SO I LET THEM BE. I HAVE FOUND THAT ITS VERY HARD TO KEEP GLASS STREAK FREE WITH CLOTH. I USE WINDEX AND SQUEEGEE IT OFF. MAKES FOR A REAL NICE FINISH! (SORRY FOR CAP LOCKS)

We use squeegees too, for the streak free clean........our problem isn't dogs though.....it's small sticky fingers :biggrin2:!!!

In that middle shot, it looks like your dog is wondering how the octi would taste!

J

i bet most people here have the finger problem. it seems that if one thing is for sure it is that everyones octopus plays tag on the glass. thats what keeps it fun though, fish just run away and hide!

Sounds like the dog situation just goes with the territory.
At least the dog isnt being aggressive.
My Rottie is only interested in sampling from my sump.....crazy dog!
Great pics!

DO NOT USE WINDEX unless you have the ammonia free kind! Don't even use it sprayed on a cloth!!! The ammonia spray gets in the air and even on the cloth it is not safe. Windex does make a vinegar based product but, unfortunately, it does not work as well.

Jean,
You are probably the only one on the forum who really understands the problem with a Newfy :sagrin: . I wouldn't trade him for the world but I don't know that I will get another when our aging Dane passes on.

dwhatley;94587 said:
Jean,
You are probably the only one on the forum who really understands the problem with a Newfy :sagrin: . I wouldn't trade him for the world but I don't know that I will get another when our aging Dane passes on.

:lol:

Briard slobber is unique too!!! But not as sticky as Newf slobber!

As for not getting another...................we were not getting another dog after our first Cocker passed on, we now have another Cocker and a Miniature Pinscher!

J

Jean,
There is no way I could ever honestly say I would never have another dog. There is about the same chance that I wouldn't have two. I can't even pretend that I would go to shorter haired dogs but I am getting too old to clean walls and ceilings everyday so we PROBABLY wouldn't get another Newfy UNLESS :roll: someone came up with a "dry mouth" breed like they have for the Saints ...

dwhatley;94646 said:
Jean,
There is no way I could ever honestly say I would never have another dog. There is about the same chance that I wouldn't have two. I can't even pretend that I would go to shorter haired dogs but I am getting too old to clean walls and ceilings everyday so we PROBABLY wouldn't get another Newfy UNLESS :roll: someone came up with a "dry mouth" breed like they have for the Saints ...

Yeah, I know what you mean.............although we did decide to get a short haired dog this time, and got Diablo the min pin.

I think slobber is an integral part of Newfs!

Bringing things slightly back on topic (:biggrin2:) Diablo saw his first octopus this week, it was the funniest thing! He stopped in his tracks, sat down and craaaaaned his neck and then went into a frenzy of bouncing and barking..........I wish I'd had the camera with me!

J

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back