Trinity O. bimaculoides

Oh she is already eating and eating well. I just offered the clam meat as an interaction toy as fiddlers dont stick to well to hose or sticks lol. She is still acting nocturnal but thats ok.

I will be getting some small clams from HEB this weekend. They are the only local place I know of that sells the small ones live.

Trinity is doing very well. We had our first game of tug o war the other day. She has been coming out a little more and more each day which is good. She has also been excepting food like a champ. I for whatever reason prefer live food to frozen, though I do sometimes feed frozen crabs and what not when I run out of live food. All in all things are going very well.

Here are some pictures of Trinity. I tried to feed her a crab in a bottle... she was interested in the bottle at first and then decided it wasnt to much fun. :biggrin2: I will try this again as IMO this was a great first effort. In the end I just gave her the crab though I should have tried a bit longer I think. She has real potential I believe.

Trinity008.jpg

Trinity016.jpg

Trinity014.jpg

Trinity013.jpg

Trinity011.jpg

Trinity010.jpg

Trinity009.jpg

Trinity019.jpg

Trinity017.jpg

Trinity018.jpg

That is awsome

Congrats on all you success. They look grate, healthy and playful. I recall playing with one while driving. I would hide behind this bid rock, Octopus was hiding on the other side, I would look over the rock and it would be coming over the rock to look at me. Then it backed up and hid behind the rock again. I would hide again and it would come look for me. Spent my entire dive playing hide and seek. How do you keep them inside the tank; duct tape? :snorkel:

Mike Bauer;175035 said:
Congrats on all you success. They look grate, healthy and playful.

Thank you, and she is VERY playful... ish... she was hungry I could tell and kept reaching for me so I am not sure if this was so much playful as she was trying to figure out if I was food. It was fun none the less. :biggrin2:

I recall playing with one while driving.

:lol: I cant help it! At first I thought you were going to say some kind of a joke and then I realized what you meant :biggrin2:

I would hide behind this bid rock, Octopus was hiding on the other side, I would look over the rock and it would be coming over the rock to look at me. Then it backed up and hid behind the rock again. I would hide again and it would come look for me. Spent my entire dive playing hide and seek. How do you keep them inside the tank; duct tape? :snorkel:

Thats sounds very much like most octopuses I have seen. So curious and cute, I have been hooked since I first learned you could keep them.

On this tank I have just a normal lid (the standard glass lids for a 75 gallon aquarium. On the back portion I have glass and then some glad stick wrap (not sure what its called but its the new stuff that sticks better than cling wrap) it is secured with duct tape and the glass piece is held down with a large ish rock, though I dont think the rock is needed at this time... will be once she gets older though.

Outstanding pictures - thanks for sharing! It's so great that Trinity is out there inter-acting with you already. I guess she thinks you're as an amazing creature as you think she is. :smile:
Sue

She normally only comes out every 2 or 3 days. I can see her den from looking under the tank lol. She appears to move dens every few days. She does have a great personality which is VERY cool. I love bimacs, one of my most favorite octopuses.

Thanks for the pictures. It's great to see what a nice setup you have for Trinity. I was surprised that she didn't go into the bottle to get the crab. Was it alive? It's hard to believe that she could resist going after a live crab. The skittering motion seems to make my bimacs instantly pounce.

I know I was surprised as well. She did stick a few arms in there but when she couldnt reach it she decided it wasnt really worth it I guess... The crab was alive but not moving to much. I tried to turn the bottle sideways so it would move and she would see it but it was a no go. I decided it was just better to feed her the crab and then try again later. Shes doing very well. I am pleased :biggrin2:

Next time I will start by laying it flat instead of up right. That way the crab can move around which will make it more tempting I think. This is a somewhat wide mouthed Gatorade bottle so there is no risk that she couldnt fit to get out or back in. I hope once she learns to go into the bottle that she will unscrew the lid. :biggrin2:

Once you get them to get the food in the bottle, I hear you can put the food in a bottle with a loose lid and they will turn the lid and open it to get to the crab. it does that you need to get a video :smile: or set up a webcam.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back