Triassic Ammonoids

Hajar;189077 said:
It would be fun to visit the outcrops of this limestone in person. Has anyone been there?

Wouldn't that be a glorious trip? Have you seen any other associated fauna from this locale? I wonder if they're perserved in the same way?

well there's this.

Attachments

• conv_299894.jpg
    conv_299894.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 208
OHHH, THANK YOU! They came in tonight and I have been looking at them with a magnifying glass. It is really special that you send one from Oman and one from the Czech Republic. The Oman one because of your other posts of the terrain and the Czech one because it is the country of part of my heritage that I will never likely visit. I will pick the plainest gonitite to experiment with polishing but, as you mentioned, these are not for me to jab and poke as a novice (sub-novice?). I'll have to wait until I find one of my own when I finally get to Terri's stomping grounds.

I have not had the opportunity to play with these yet but did go back and find the "in situ" picture of the protoconch :biggrin2:. You mentioned it was in one of the posts but I could not find it before you gave me the link.

For general navigational reference (something I CAN help with occasionally :oops:), if you click on the post number, it will reset the display to the top of the page and you can use the resulting URL as a link to go directly to the post. So my little protoconch can be found here: http://www.tonmo.com/forums/showthr...ephalopod-hunt&p=169336&viewfull=1#post169336 (not that I don't enjoy looking back at that great set of photos though)

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back