• TONMOCON VII Announced | MBL at Woods Hole | Apr 6-8, 2018
  • Thanks for visiting! TONMO is the world's greatest online cephalopod enthusiast community, with interactive content going back to May of 2000, and a biennial conference. If you'd like to join in on the fun, become a TONMO member -- it's easy and free. You can follow us on Facebook and Twitter for more cephy goodness.

Tree Octopus scare story

Jean

Colossal Squid
Supporter
SanClementeEric;171921 said:
Saw this on CNN videos today. Scary for sure. Gives me a reminder to teach my kids critical thinking skills.
I agree, it helps if kids are taught not to take everything at face value! But they should be allowed to explore the ridiculous and have some fun! Some of the most fun I've had is with the tree octopus, Nessie and of course the wild hairy haggis!

haggs

Vampyroteuthis
Supporter
Jean;171966 said:
I agree, it helps if kids are taught not to take everything at face value! But they should be allowed to explore the ridiculous and have some fun! Some of the most fun I've had is with the tree octopus, Nessie and of course the wild hairy haggis!
Jean, you spelt my name wrong ... it's haggs ... not haggis ...:lol: :lol:

Thales

Colossal Squid
Staff member
People have always taken stuff like this seriously - look how many times people come here looking for info, and don't believe it when they are told its a con. Teaching kids critical thinking skills has traditionally be an issue.

Members online

No members online now.