[Octopus]: Tranny - O. briareus

What you posted works BUT the better way is to be able to view it from TONMO. Use the same link (the one in the address bar when you are on your video page) but click the film icon in the TONMO editor (7th group, 5th icon) and paste the link in the pop up box (you may have to enable pop-ups for the site and reclick the icon). I have edited your post and added the view in place format.

great video Sirreal !! Tranny looks like he's doing great!! Did you ever go crabbing? Am really curious about how it went!! :smile:

We are hoping to get a C-Max in the next month or so and expect our gasoline bill to be cut at least in half. Neal drives 80 miles a day so the gas savings will be significant and the electricity cost minimal (it is a plug-in hybrid so you can manually charge the battery in addition to the internal charging.). Depending upon how long the battery lasts, what the next battery will be/cost and how well the car holds up will determine actual costs but I am a believer in going electric for transportation and am hoping this is a viable step.

I couldnt agree more D. My wife drives about 90 miles a day. She was driving a toyota sienna and got about 20mpg. the Camry hybrid is getting 42. She took a loan against her 401k so got a really good rate. The gas millage is paying for the Camry. When we decided to go hybrid I started doing research on batteries since we were not buying brand new. I now know how to repair toyota hybrid batteries cheap. I mean very cheap. Like my time "A few hours and maybe 50$ parts" cheap. The batteries are cells and 99% of the time 1 out of 36 cells will be bad.

Update on Tranny. I play tag at least 3 or 4 times a week and sometimes he just wants to hold my fingers. I ended up putting some coral in the tank and he is ok with it. The light is on for about 8 hours a day and I dont see him much when the lights on."its very bright" but at least he is not mad about it.
So I havent been crabbing because none of the guys I know go out on sundays but a friend of mine that works on the beach "renting jetskis" suggested getting some traps and he would take care of them everyday. HMMMMMM Now i need to find out what traps work the best for keeping octos in and if I should use the same bait as the crabbers. I am setting up a holding tank at his place to put octos in. He was at my shop yesterday and was just amazed by my octos and wants one himself. "I think we hooked another LOL" I explained what I wanted to do for the members of TONMO and the trap idea was his. It will take a couple weeks to get set up but I think this will work.

Update on Tranny. He is a spoiled rotten brat LOL He comes out a few times a week during the day and now spends more time behind a piece of coral that shades him from the light prob an hour of 2 a day which is nice to be able to show customers that there is something in the tank. I have some nice video of him that I will post tonight or tomorrow. Oh ya the reason he is spoiled is he doesnt like shrimp or crabs much anymore. He just wants crayfish!!!! I have to almost starve him for a couple days for him to take shrimp or crabs. I know he needs salt water foods but he sure loves crayfish and would eat 2 or 3 a day If I would let him. He gets one per week no more. He still loves to play tag and likes to put on shows for everyone

sirreal said:
Update on Tranny. He is a spoiled rotten brat LOL He comes out a few times a week during the day and now spends more time behind a piece of coral that shades him from the light prob an hour of 2 a day which is nice to be able to show customers that there is something in the tank. I have some nice video of him that I will post tonight or tomorrow. Oh ya the reason he is spoiled is he doesnt like shrimp or crabs much anymore. He just wants crayfish!!!! I have to almost starve him for a couple days for him to take shrimp or crabs. I know he needs salt water foods but he sure loves crayfish and would eat 2 or 3 a day If I would let him. He gets one per week no more. He still loves to play tag and likes to put on shows for everyone
Lobster (FL style) is supposed to be a favorite in the wild (so I keep my Spanish lobster in another room :wink:) and I have never had any of mine refuse the crays. Neal does not like to feed it to them because of the mess so they don't get them often. When I do we don't keep many alive and freeze the tails. To feed the frozen, I remove the shell because they are hard to retrieve.

I found something the other day and Tranny seems to like them very much. Its made by H2O Life and its raw clams, mussels or scallops on the half shell. I tried an mussel today for the first time and he gobbled it up fast and then was out looking for more for about an hour. I will try others tomorrow.

sirreal said:
I found something the other day and Tranny seems to like them very much. Its made by H2O Life and its raw clams, mussels or scallops on the half shell. I tried an mussel today for the first time and he gobbled it up fast and then was out looking for more for about an hour. I will try others tomorrow.
Interesting find but you can also use fresh and serve on the half shell if you want to open them. Onn (also briareus) has ignored her live clams but Margay (vulgaris) and my O. hummelincki's don't leave them in the tank long. If I can find them locally, I may try the mussels as they don't do well fresh. Is Tranny also eating the scallops? My luck with frozen scallops has been that they eat the first one and then won't have anything to do with them there after.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back