Tralfaz webcam is online

lawfish

GPO
Registered
Hey all:

I just wanted to let you know that the Tralfaz webcam is up and running. The site is listed in the web directory section under webcams. Now I can check in on him while I'm at work. It is at www.tralfazworld.com

Let me know whta you think.

George

Colin

Colossal Squid
Supporter
Very good Geo!

Didn't see him when i logged on though :(

Oh, and a word to everyone else..... turn the speakers down a bit before the whales knock you on your backside too! LOLOL :oops: :lol:

rrtanton

Vampyroteuthis
Registered
VERY cool site, George! Ever so much nicer than my stone-age GollumCam... :oops: Especially since, being currently octopusless, it's not up and running. You've given me something to aspire to...VERY nice pic of Tralfaz...

rusty

Nancy

Titanites
Staff member
Liked the site very much, especially the pic of Tralfaz and the thermometer! Tralfaz was away when I looked at the webcam picture, but I look forward to seeing him sometime.

Nancy

lawfish

GPO
Registered
Thanks all:

Unfortunately Tralfaz was not out and about much today (although the sand sifting star seemed to be). Tommorow is feeding day so I expect him to be out more.

Any suggestios would be appreciated - Tralfaz does take requests :bugout: . I may move the camera around to try shots from different angles. I did try to set it up so that you can see Tralfaz in his "lair" but the pic wasn't really claer enought to see him. :x

George

Phil

Colossal Squid
Supporter
Registered
This is a great idea, and thanks for taking all the trouble. A lovely pet you have there.

However I don't think it is working right for me; the video picture is just a black square with a time index in the corner for me. Am I doing anything wrong, or have you got the lights turned out?

Phil

lawfish

GPO
Registered
Phil:

Sorry about that :oops: I have to post Tralfaz's schedule on the site so that people know when they can tune in. The webcam is on 24/7, but the lights on Tralfaz's tank are only on from about 9 am to 9 pm (eastern time). So when you check in after the lights have gone out all you see is a black square.

Oh yeah, I have added to the webcam archives and some more photos of Tralfaz.

George

Clem

Architeuthis
Supporter
Registered
George,

Love the Tralfaz Cam. Since you're clearly handy with acrylic, I wonder if you've experimented with a submersible housing for the webcam?

I hope you'll keep the whale-songs: they scared the crap out of my cats.

Looking forward to seeing Tralfaz do his thing.

Clem

WARNING:
I think Clem just wants to know if Tralfaz will used his beak or radula to open a webcam-clam toy - if you try I hope it has a good close focus!
Wires could also be short-circuited by water or beast (lethally?) AND they are made of copper.

Clem

Architeuthis
Supporter
Registered
mikeconstable said:
I think Clem just wants to know if Tralfaz will use his beak or radula to open a webcam-clam toy...
Um, no.
Wires could also be short-circuited by water...
Really? There goes my Shower-Toaster patent.
...or beast (lethally?) AND they are made of copper.
Whether George tries it or not, it would be quite simple to construct a safe, water-tight and octo-proof housing for a web-cam. (I'll send you a sketch for one, if you like.) I'm sure Tralfaz appreciates your concerns, though.

:roll:

Clem

The Moog

O. bimaculoides
Registered
Ha!
I saw him in the corner and then he was gone on the next image, just a couple of tentacles! I thought he was very cute, and much, much more interesting than my goldfish.

lawfish

GPO
Registered
Hey All:

Steve, I am using software called PRYME. I takes the photo, saves a copy to a log (thus the archives are possible) and uploads a copy to my website server. The best thing about this program is that it is freeware. You can find a copy here http://www.hilo.dk/pryme/

Also wanted to let everyone know that I have updated Tralfazworld.com It is not 100 percent complete yet, but it is getting close. Again, any suggestions would be appreciated.

George

BuShIdO

Cuttlefish
Registered
great idea

LOL, i was dumb enough to do this at 12:30 am, and not see nothing but some darkness, but its still a good idea, if only i could think of a way to get my webcam all the way to the fish tank (a extreamly long way, not to mention on different floors).

Members online