Toys!

Fujisawas Sake said:
Phil,

Is this the same as the bunyip? I live in an area where Bigfoot is rumored to have been sighted a lot, so I take an amused interest in so-called cryptozoology. Also, cryptid legends provide GREAT background for short stories.

John

Oh, and are they still available??

Jeez. Cryptozoology indeed. Next thing you know, you people will start believing in giant squids!:wink:

Well, I'm formulating a theory called "Stupid Design" whereas the supreme creator questions whether or not humans are indeed intelligent.

Cryptozoology is fun! I would love to get paid by the Weekly World News to "research" whether or not Elvis and Bigfoot are building a cache of underground particle accelerators to create the ultimate surfboard. In the last WWN, a huge plesiosaur washed up in New Oreleans during Hurricane Katrina.

Its in print, so it MUST be true... :shock:

John

funny you should mention WWN, i was looking at a copy of that illustrious publication right before i went on the computer.

the world needs burgess shale UFO catcher dolls.

Architeuthoceras said:
How do "they" know Wiwaxia was colored like that? :roflmao:

Because "they" do.

Remember, "they" are cleverer than us and have access to CLASSIFIED FOSSILS that the likes of us will never see.

Food for thought.

:hmm:

I was in a store on Monday and saw a set of flatware called ammonite, and the design on the end of the handle was indeed, vaguely reminiscent of ammonites. Pretty cool actually, but I like the toys better!

Well Hell, Mom, I want that flatware, but the main reason I'm posting is because I feel WWN is the last journalism I can trust. The best part about these guys is that they reward long-time readers with follow-up stories. I've followed Bat Boy since the very begining. Plus, it's next-to-impossible to pin-down their political slant. You read Ed Anger's "My America", you'd think it was ultra right-wing, but then you read some other stories... of course, these guys are all professors, professional writers, political commentators, and this evidently pays realy well. And for somebody who already has enough facts at hand that it'll take them ten minutes to write an article that sorta looks official, well... I SO want this gig. Tonmo.com alone would provide me with reams of information to happily turn into misinformation. I LOVE WWN.

Godzilla lives!

The cover picture (and story) of the National Geog for Dec is of a 135 million year old sea croc rearing it's toothy head out of the water to drive pterosaurs away from it's meal of scavenged icthyosaur. The title is"Sea Monsters" Then in smaller print, "scientists bring Godzilla back to life" and in even smaller letters, "Plus:monster supplement". There are also refernces to Nessie, Unktehila, pictures of Belemnites, and various and sundry other "Monsters of the Deep".
Check out the following link.
http://www7.nationalgeographic.com/ngm/0512/feature3/multimedia.html

:belemnit:

Here's a couple more from the Kaiyodo range. These are of Polyptychoceras, a Santonian (Late Cretaceous) heteromorph ammonite.

I could never quite get my head around how the animal maintained orientation, as it grew and the shell turned a corner, the animal must have had toppled over to maintain balance. Most odd.

Attachments

• conv_288913.jpg
    conv_288913.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 125
I'm sorry -- is that for real? I've never seen that before! Why would a shell form in such a way? I get spirals, etc. (e.g. at least ammonites/belemnites have a simple repeating pattern which can be expanded to any size), but this is a more complex design. How?? What makes a shell "turn a corner"??

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back