Tools for finding funding opportunities for research

Stavros

GPO
Registered
I will share here a few tools I use to search for funding sources for research. I hope to see other members contribute as well, to build a record of potential funding opportunities that may help launch future molluscan studies.

I started looking for grants about 3 years ago, when I realized that I won't be eligible for most of the US grants out there, due to citizenship requirements. I spent some time contacting EU funding bodies as well, but they could not fund me because I'm stationed in the US!

About a year ago, I came across Refworks-COS (Community of Scientists) which has a search engine for grants. You basically enter keywords and it gives you grants with upcoming deadlines that are relevant to your search. It has a plethora of options to narrow down results, (including undergraduate, graduate and post-doc filters, citizenship requirements, etc) and it provides results from every country.

The best part of this COS search engine is the Funding Alert email; you can set up a notification system, to alert you about new grants that match your keywords by delivering the list to your inbox on a weekly basis. Of course, the more specific your keywords, the more narrow and relevant the results are.

I believe signing up for COS is open for all students and researchers, and I highly recommend trying it if you are looking for funding sources.

Hopefully others will add their own tools as well.

S.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back