• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

Tons o Eggs

Thales

Colossal Squid
Staff member
Moderator (Staff)
I have been getting eggs on and off for the last month or two. Today I went to pull some and turned a rock around and found about 100. :smile:
We'll see how many are fertile.
I also got some of cuttlegirls eggs so hopefully I can breed them with mine.

Yay!

Jennifer,

I think I have 3 females, but in my current set up its really hard to tell.

I am finding, both with my eggs and the WC eggs from last year, that a great many aren't viable.

UGhh, I can't edit my posts right now... I think I have had about a 70% hatch rate on my eggs. I know one person had 10 out of 10 hatch (don't know if the hatchlings made it though...) and another person had 3 out of 4 hatch. I will try to look into this...

Thanks!
I just pulled another 100 or so eggs. Most of the first batch did not hatch. I am trying something different with the new batch.

I think maybe I have too many males in my groups and they keep blowing each others packages out of the female. Sad.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back