TONMOCON VIII Registration Now Open

Will you be there? (you can change your vote later)

• Yes!

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • No

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Not sure yet!

Votes: 7 41.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

tonmo

Cthulhu
Staff member
Site Owner
What: TONMOCON VIII, the biennial cephalopod conference
When: October 16-18, 2020
Where: Marine Biological Laboratory, Woods Hole, MA

EDIT 5/8/2020: Registration Removed; event postponed

More details regarding agenda and attractions will be forthcoming. For now, you can expect that "meals" include the following:
  • Friday, 10/16/2020: Dinner, evening mixer
  • Saturday, 10/17/2020: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, coffee breaks, evening mixer & lobster boil
  • Sunday, 10/18/2020: Breakfast, Lunch, coffee break
We can expect a full day of presentations on Saturday. If you would like to present, please contact me via private message, or email me at [email protected], and please include a brief description of your presentation idea.

Sunday details are TBD but we will work to arrange a tour of facilities, etc. Watch this thread for updates.

Expect an incredible weekend. Check out more information about TONMOCON here.

Looking forward to seeing you there - let us know below if you can make it!

Last edited:
It is open to all; we're always a happily mixed crowd! It's such a great event; prepare to be amazed :smile: ...we already have a bunch of registrations (much more than indicated in the poll)... The secret is out about TONMOCON -- no agenda, but the lines are forming! :smile: We'll have much more info in the early Spring; I expect we'll easily have a full house. I look forward to seeing you there! :boat:

@GPO87 The ONLY practical (unless you rent a car - you won't need one in Woods Hole) is to take the Peter Pan bus. There is, of course, an app for that :titanites:

Not the greatest app but it works and there were not cheaper tickets if you waited until you arrived (or so it went last time). Several of us stayed an additional night near the airport so we could have a full Sunday in Woods Hole and catch a plane out on Monday. I don't think buying a round trip was any cheaper so you might only prepurchase your ticket to Woods Hole and then wait to see if someone has a car and is looking for riders back to the airport.

The bus will drop you off a couple of easy blocks from the dorm.

It's going to be great! Prep is starting soon... in fact I have a number of agenda slots filled, and we are starting the brainstorm for Sunday activities... more info to come in the next month or so!

It's going to be great! Prep is starting soon... in fact I have a number of agenda slots filled, and we are starting the brainstorm for Sunday activities... more info to come in the next month or so!
John is a Fluid Flow and Heat Transfer engineer, so I’m hoping that we get to tour all of the things we did last time so he can see all of the different tank set ups for himself!

We are planning on renting a car to drive from Detroit to Woods Hole, but making stops on the way. Planning on getting to Boston on Tuesday 10-13 and doing the NEQ the next day, then to Cape Cod for a couple days before the convention. We’ll drive to the airport Sunday night and fly out late or Monday morning.

If anyone -wants to meet up at the aquarium on Wednesday OR
- needs a ride back to the airport on Sunday, let us know!

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back