TONMOCON V: Who's in?

A dissection would be cool! We did one at TONMOCON III with MBARI using Dosidicus gigas.

The Saturday slots are pretty much full (draft agenda here) but there may be other opportunities throughout the weekend. We should sync w/ Thales.

I'm excited I'll finally be able to make it to one of these! Question: my daughter will be 11 months old, so she and my husband are planning to hang out at the Academy on Saturday. If Sunday is an aquarium day, they might want to join us, so should I go ahead and register for two people? Or even *gasp* three? At $15 a head it's not a huge deal either way, but I just figured I'd solicit advice.

Two people - children under 1 are free! :wink: I look forward to meeting you and your family!

Note that the price for admission is for the Saturday presentations at the academy. The aquarium visit on Sunday remains TBD and is not covered in the cost of admission - just FYI!

I've had a fabulous offer to stay with one of our newer members and have taken her up on the proposal. This is a rough time for us financially but I am slowly finding a way to afford to go. I am still working on flights so if anyone notices discounts, please post. Rumor has it that August is the best time to look but I check every week or so just in case.

YAHOO!!! I am coming, and bringing my 14 yr old, Julie! We are coming in on Thursday so we can get in some mom-daughter time together, but we DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO IN SF! Any suggestions? We have our plane tix and booked a room at the Westin SF Market Street (pricier than the airport hotels but frequent flyer miles paid for both flights so we can splurge on the lodgings). We looked on google maps and didn't find any hotels close to the CAS, so I booked a hotel in the market area instead of out by the airport so we'd be closer to "stuff," but I'm not at all familiar with the SF area. Julie isn't really into clothes shopping, and she's already compared the specs of the Golden Gate to the Mackinac Bridge, and Mighty Mac beats the pants off the Gate, so she's not super excited about that. We will need to eat in ChinaTown, but what else does one do in SF?

Outstanding!! :octopus: Look forward to seeing you again sedna! Hmm, what to do in San Fran? I'll leave that to Sanfranians... But for me, as long as it involves outdoor patio seating and a cool drink, I'm doing what I want to do in San Fran! :smile:

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back